The Roman Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary is the oldest parish in Wisła – it was established on 28 May, 1957 in the historic center of the town. The history of the place goes back to 1444 when the first wooden chapel was built but it was taken over by the Protestants during the reformation time. The church was regained by the Catholics in 1718 and consecrated by a Jesuit Leopold Tempes. Seven years later the church was expanded and in 1785 it became a branch of the parish in Ustroń. After some time the little , wooden church was going to collapse so the decision was taken to demolish it and in 1865 a new, brick church was built. The town was then inhabited by about 4000 people only 190 of whom were Roman Catholics. Due to the growing number of tourists and holiday makers coming to Wisła the church was expanded and modernized in 1970.